THE RECOLLECT FRIARY

The building can only be seen from the outside: a two-storey building on a vaulted cellar, made of pink sandstone. Admirable baroque portal in yellow sandstone, decorated with the statue of Saint Francis (1769). Possibility of including it in a guided tour of the town. After the dissolution of the St. Stephen's Chapter in 1743, the Duke of Lorraine Stanislas authorised the establishment of Franciscan Recollect monks in Hombourg in 1749. These monks built a new convent next to the collegiate church and lived there until the Revolution. After the departure of the Recollects, the building was used as a presbytery until 1997.


Conditions de visite

Tour of exterior only

Tarifs


Dates et horaires

from 01/01/2022 to 12/31/2022