THE "GOOD FOUNTAIN" CHAPEL
The story of the Good Fountain (Bonne Fontaine) chapel begins in 1799. A Marian apparition occurred near a spring, in front of a deaf and dumb child, who was healed. Other stories of healing quickly appeared and large pilgrimages were organised, in the context of the French Revolution, which did not appreciate these crowd movements. In 1848, a calvary was erected, and the spring was developed. Finally, at the dawn of the First World War, the chapel was erected to accommodate the religious fervour aroused by this place steeped in both belief and legend.